Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Little Venice

Welcome to my last walk post, sniff, sniff . . . well actually, it's bittersweet. I am thrilled that I don't have to fit anymore walks into the busy schedule here but it also means that the semester is coming to a close. I decided to visit Little Venice for my last walk because I had heard that it was a very fun area (it is rumored that JK Rowling owns a home in this area) plus it was super short and let me tell you, it's cold, cold, cold here!

Aside from the crazy construction workers who liked to yell cat-calls at me as I walked down the street . . . and back up the street only a few minutes later, it was a very pleasant walk. Little Venice has lots of canals, thus, "Little Venice." So let me give you a little tour of the water of Little Venice.

If there could be one theme from this whole semester it could be "good things happen on bridges." Think about it, it's so true. Every time we drive over a bridge or see one off in the distance someone has to yell it out. I love bridges, but mostly, I love what's under the bridge, water!
Paki and Panko the geese of Little Venice. They look "so serene" just floating around all day.

The glamorous side of Little Venice. This water spout is in actuality the one and only pipe that the Itsy Bitsy Spider climbed up . . . until the rain came down and washed the spider out. Luckily, it was a sunny day.

If I could design my dream street it would look like this. I don't know if I would pick one of these boats to live in, but I would love to be able to drive the ski boat right up to my front door. Ah, that would be the life!
This boat was awesome! It is a floating puppet show and I hear that the shows are actually pretty good.

One thing I love most in the world is seeing things reflected in water. This red boat created the prettiest, most vivid reflection on the water.

Mmmm, classic England, I love seeing the old churches everywhere, especially by the water's side.

I love water. If I could choose one element to become it would be water. It has been one of the biggest parts of my life since I was two weeks old. I could stare at water for hours and hours, or listen to a little brook bubble next to my tent, or hear the waves crashing against the beach, or swim all day long. Just look at the light playing off the ripples in this picture. Beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a water baby!! What a fun walk to see beautiful things. I am sad that this is your last walk post cause you write them so eloquently(sp), but it just means its closer to the time for me to give you a hug!! Love you!!