Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Conundrum

London Packing List
From the BYU Study Abroad Student Handbook:
  • 3-5 pairs of pants
  • 6-8 shirts
  • 1-2 casual skirts
  • 1 nice dress
  • a one piece bathing suit
  • pajamas
  • jacket
  • 1-2 pairs of comfortable shoes
  • comfortable dress shoes
  • towel

Now let me show you my dilemma:

and . . .

Now do you see my problem? Let's just say I have a few more shoes than I'm supposed to and . . . if you can't tell by the piles of pants and the large stack of hangers in the second picture, a couple more clothes than is recommended. But hey!!! I can't help it! I want to go over to London and LIVE there for three and a half months, not be a long-term-tourist. SIX TO EIGHT SHIRTS! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I think I would die. I get easily bored with my closet-full of clothes after a while.

Well, last night mom helped me sort through my things and I did end up leaving two pairs of pants home and a few shirts. Not an easy thing that. Since I'm an expert packer I've gotten all my stuff in my one suitcase and carry-on . . . now it's time to weigh it and I'm just crossing my fingers that it's not overweight or there will be trouble.

No comments: