Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer Fun

I've been slacking on the blogging front this summer so I thought I'd give a few highlights in pictures . . .

On the 24th of July our family went to see the new Batman movie and we were surprised when The Joker showed up at our 24th of July celebrations!!!

We celebrated the great holiday with lots of fireworks! Here is one reflected in the Brown's pool.

Avery and I have been long anticipating the new book, Breaking Dawn, from Stephenie Meyer. We have had copies reserved since the beginning of February. So on August 1 we woke up early and headed down to Barnes and Noble to get our wristbands so we could get our books at midnight. When Nate and I went to get our wristband for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows we were disappointed to find that we were about the 100th person in line, and it was only 7 am! So Avery and I went a little earlier . . . arriving at the bookstore at 6 am. Well . . . we were first in line (as you can see in the picture above). Carloads of people began arriving around 6:30.

Here is Avery modeling our wristband, which we were very proud of. Notice the A1 . . . that means we would be the first to get our books at midnight!!!
Here is Avery holding the sign . . . signifying that we were first in line. Sadly, my camera died just after this picture so we didn't get to document the rest of the night. We got quite a few dirty looks from others in the store. At 12:01 am on August 2 we got our books and hurried home to read. The parking lot was full of people and they screamed and screamed when they saw us walk out with our books . . . good times! Avery and I read the first chapter together before going to bed. But I couldn't sleep, so I read through the night and quickly finished . . . Avery wasn't too happy with me. I read it with her again though, which was a lot of fun!

I couldn't help but put this picture in. At my cousin Brit's Eagle Scout Court of Honor, I convinced my grandma to pose with this moose!!! She is the greatest.
As my mom mentioned on her blog we recently went up to Rexburg, Idaho for a tour of my grandpa's history. It was a lot of fun . . . something many of the grand kids weren't convinced of before going. Since my mom did such a great job at explaining I suggest you visit the family blog (http://ohtobeskiing.blogspot.com/) and read about it . . . that way I don't have to repeat everything on my blog!!!
The family hiking up the highest sand dune. I was impressed by grandma and grandpa . . . they weren't tired at all and it wasn't the easiest walk!!!

The Tetons from the Idaho side with miles of farmland between.

The Tetons from the Wyoming side . . . one of my favorite sights in the whole world.

After eating lunch at Leeks Marina we enjoyed some ice cream on the beach . . . Stockton seemed to enjoy it more than most.

Of course we couldn't drive through Grand Teton National Park without stopping at our favorite swimming hole, the water was so refreshing! I just wish we had the boat so I could get a good ski in . . . look at the water, it was perfect for skiing, nearly glass!!!

Avery posing on our log.

The girls at the base of the Grand.

Grandma and Grandpa . . . they were good sports for coming on our not-quite-short detour.

It's been a great summer . . . and I'm sad for it to end. But on the other hand, I'm excited to start and new adventure! Next stop . . . London!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenz,

Have fun on your next adventure!! We'll be excited to hear all about it!!